Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Snoopy Dog House Cake

My adventures in cakes have led me to making a Snoopy Dog House Cake for a friend of mine husband's birthday!  This was my first carved cake and had studied and research online how other people created theirs and finally decided to sandwhich to cakes together, one for the house, and one for the roof!  It was challenging.  I made a yellow cake with chocolate buttercream filling, covered in fondant to create the house!



The first cake cake tier was three layers and covered with white fondant.  I used a piece of black fondant to create the doggy door.


After covering the second tier with red fondant I sandwhiched the two tiers together creating the dog house.


Snoopy believe it or not was not that challenging... I was panicked at the thought of doing him, but I think I did pretty good for my first time!


Woodstock too cute!


Added some buttercream grass for appearance!


Feeling confident about my Snoopy dog, I attempted Charlie!!  A bit challenging but learned alot!


The Final Presentation!  

No comments:

Post a Comment