Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Princess Tiana Cake



So excited that Disney created an African American Princess!!  Of course Tiana is all the rage with all little girls and I am only so delighted to be able to recreate her in a cake!

I have done a few Tiana cakes and this one by far is my best! Mainly because I actually took a basic cake decorating class back in November where I learned cake decorating from the ground up... starting with the right batter!





Finally got smart and got the Wonder Mold from Wilton!  Man does that make the job easier!


 Cake decorating 101!!  I am getting so much better with the torting and filling stage!


My crumb coat!  Learned that one as well!!


Working on the first layer of Fondant leaves of the dress!



The Finished Tiana!


No comments:

Post a Comment